- AGM and Conference 2013, Copenhagen :
- The Financial Transactions Tax - Impact on the European repo market and consequences for the financial markets :
- Global Master Agreements for Repo and Securities Lending Workshop, London :
- The Future of the Repo Market - an international conference, London :
- Regulatory Developments in Financial Markets - an ICMA seminar, Vienna :
- European Regulation: An Introduction for Capital Market Practitioners, London :
- Target 2 - Securities is coming, get ready! London :
- Understanding the ICMA Primary Market Handbook, London :
- ICMA-NCMF Joint Seminar: The wave of regulatory reform and its impact on capital markets
ICMA-NCMF Joint Seminar: The wave of regulatory reform and its impact on capital markets
Date and Venue
Date: 19 March 2013
Time: 10.00 - 17.00
The International Capital Market Association and the Nordic Capital Market Forum were pleased to present their annual joint seminar for their members in the capital markets. The theme of the seminar this year was ‘A new round of regulation’.
2013 shows little sign of a slowdown in the pace of regulatory reform in Europe’s financial markets. Among the items on the regulatory agenda are new measures relating to ‘shadow banking’, which will affect the international repo market and the asset management community and further progress on Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID II) expected to impact the secondary market trading of bonds.
At this one day conference in Oslo, panels of market experts and regulators from the Nordic and European markets took a wide ranging view on the immediate prospects for different areas of capital market activity including: raising capital in Europe, the future of OTC markets, the increasing importance of repo and collateral and the challenges facing investors in the real economy. The event was designed around the need for the business functions in banks - syndication, trading, and operations - to understand the implications of regulation.
The conference was followed by a networking drinks reception.
To view Ruari Ewing, Director, Market Practice and Regulatory Policy, International Capital Market Association slides, please click here.
To view Richard Comotto, Senior Visiting Fellow, ICMA Centre at Reading University presentation slides, please click here.