Benefits of MembershipClick here to download the Membership Benefits brochure.
ICMA sustains and supports its members’ business by promoting the development and efficient functioning of the international capital markets.
Key membership benefits include:
- Formal involvement in a long-established and respected community of financial institutions active in the capital markets around the world.
- Access to ICMA Committees and Working Groups which develop recommendations, including guidance for members, for best market practice and the efficient operation of the markets. The Committees also consider policy responses to regulators.
- Access to the work and advice of the Market Practice and Regulatory Policy Department, which keeps members informed about regulatory developments and the implications for their business through the ICMA Quarterly Report and other formal and informal channels.
- Guidance on issues related to the international capital markets from the ICMA Secretariat and other market professionals.
- Representation and guidance from specific market constituencies within ICMA which provide fora for discussion of technical issues, through: the ICMA Euro Commercial Paper (ECP) Committee; the ICMA European Repo Council (ERC) and Committee, the ICMA Asset Management and Investors Council (AMIC), the ICMA Covered Bond Investor Council (CBIC), the SVT Market Committee, the ICMA Corporate Issuer Forum (CIF), the ICMA Financial Institution Issuer Forum (FIIF), and the Public Sector Issuer Forum (PSIF)
- Strong regional organisation and representation ensuring that each of ICMA’s 15 regions decides on its own specific priorities, and that the viewpoints of the regions are represented at board level.
- Preferential rates for ICMA Executive Education programmes, certificated courses which are accredited by regulators and other academic bodies. Individually tailored training can be delivered ‘in-house’ according to members needs at substantially reduced rates versus other education suppliers.
- Networking and information exchange at industry events organised by ICMA with, and for, members at international and regional level, for example its annual general meeting and conference as well as regular events focused on specific areas of the market.
All ICMA members have free access to the following:
- ICMA Rule Book, ICMA’s rules and recommendations, which provide a framework of best practice in the secondary market; informal guidance on these rules and recommendations.
- ICMA Primary Market Handbook (IPMA Handbook), both on-line and hard copy, which provides standard documentation and a set of recommendations for the primary market side of the industry; informal guidance on the ICMA Primary Market Handbook (IPMA Handbook).
- Legal opinions on the Global Master Repurchase Agreement, which currently cover more than 60 jurisdictions. In light of the substantial cost of a single legal opinion, this service alone can justify membership for firms active in this market!
- ICMA Legal & Regulatory Helpdesk, offers members guidance in the following areas: the ICMA Primary Market Handbook (IPMA Handbook); ICMA’s rules and recommendations for the secondary market; the GMRA and information on the ICMA GMRA legal opinions; ICMA conciliation and arbitration; securities market regulation; short term markets (ECP, repo); primary markets; secondary markets (OTC); and asset management.
- ICMA Secretariat and other market professionals, who can discuss problems and provide guidance on issues related to the international capital markets.
- Informal legal guidance, which is often provided without charge by leading law firms in the City of London and elsewhere.
- The ICMA Members’ Register, in which all ICMA members are listed together with the contact details of key individuals.
Director, Business Development, Membership
Direct line: +44 20 7213 0325
EMAIL | DOWNLOAD BUSINESS CARD
Managing Director, Head, Membership and Communications; Member of ICMA's Executive Committee
Direct line: +44 20 7213 0322
EMAIL | DOWNLOAD BUSINESS CARD
Click here for details on how to apply for ICMA membership.