For delegates joining us in-person in Paris, we strongly recommend that you book your accommodation as soon as possible as hotel rates increase significantly as the date of the event approaches.
In line with ICMA's commitment to sustainability, we are taking every step to ensure the ICMA AGM & Conference is a green event.
We chose Paris as the location for the 2023 AGM and Conference because of the numerous travel options available for delegates joining from Europe.
Indeed we encourage delegates, where at all possible, to use travel options that minimise their carbon footprint.
For members who are flying, we also encourage thoughtful consideration of carbon offsets. To help facilitate your planning, we recommend the following firms:
On arrival in Paris delegates are recommended to use local transport where possible.
At the conference venue
Palais Brongniart (part of GL events Paris Venues) has committed itself to the following:
- Code of Ethics and Conduct encouraging everyone's responsibility towards the environment.
- ISO 20121 certification of their sites
- Management of waste produced on the sites (fair production, donation of unused products, recycling)
- Better Food for a Better World Programme
- Energy management of buildings, particularly in water and electricity
- Control of CO2 emissions linked to their activities
ICMA will not be producing give-aways, printing programmes or providing delegate bags. The conference information will be available through the conference app and on digital signage.
Back to main page for ICMA AGM and Conference 2023