Technology is reshaping the way financial markets operate. FinTech, a term broadly used to describe innovation in financial services enabled by technology has attracted much attention among market participants, regulators and policy-makers alike.
ICMA’s engagement spans (i) primary markets, (ii) secondary markets, and (iii) repo and collateral markets, with a focus on market electronification ie the use of technology across the securities lifecycle. While the level of adoption of technology solutions varies in each of those areas, the advent of cutting edge technologies such as distributed ledger technology or artificial intelligence has the potential to impact market practice and market structure significantly.
FinTech and market electronification are addressed through ICMA’s various committees, working groups and work streams as well as through bilateral discussions with member firms and technology providers. ICMA seeks to mainstream relevant FinTech developments and market electronification through all of its initiatives, activities, and fora.
A monthly newsletter is sent to FinTech contacts, sign up to the mailing list by ticking the FinTech box (ICMA members only) or contact us.
FinTech Advisory Committee and related groups
- FinTech Advisory Committee
- Common Domain Model Steering Committee
- Blockchain Bonds Working Group
- Common Data Dictionary Working Group
- Electronic Trading Council (ETC)
- ICMA Future Leaders Fintech Working Group
ICMA FinTech Directories
- ICMA primary markets technology directory
- Electronic Trading Directory
- ICMA Repo trading technology directory
- ICMA Operations FinTech Directory
- ICMA Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) regulatory directory
- ICMA CSDR-SD technology directory
- FinTech publications and reports
- ICMA FinTech regulatory roadmap
- FinTech applications in bond markets
- FinTech and Sustainable Finance Library
- FinTech Glossary
Director, Market Practice and Regulatory Policy
Direct line: +44 20 7213 0334
Associate, Market Practice and Regulatory Policy
Direct line: +44 20 7213 0317