Setting standards internationally
The International Capital Market Association (ICMA) is a unique organisation and an influential voice for the global capital market. It represents a broad range of capital market interests including global investment banks and smaller regional banks, as well as asset managers, exchanges, central banks, law firms and other professional advisers. ICMA’s market conventions and standards have been the pillars of the international debt market for over 40 years.
- ICMA European Regulatory and Financial Markets Developments and the Brazilian Perspective
8th May 2014
- The ICMA CBIC & The Covered Bond Report Conference
15th May 2014
- Collateral is the New Cash – an ICMA ERC Lunchtime Seminar
16th May 2014
- ICMA Capital Market Lecture Series 2014 - Benoît Cœuré
19th May 2014
- ICMA Annual General Meeting & Conference 2014
4th - 6th June 2014
- European Regulation: An Introduction for Capital Market Practitioners
27th June 2014
- Corporate Actions - An Introduction
28th - 29th April 2014
- Corporate Actions - Operational Challenges
30th - 1st May 2014
- Successful Sales
1st - 2nd May 2014
- Financial Markets Foundation Course (FMFC)
7th - 9th May 2014
- Primary Market Certificate (PMC)
19th - 23rd May 2014
- Islamic Finance & Sukuk
9th - 10th June 2014
- Corporate Governance and Culture
16th - 17th June 2014
- Securities Operations Foundation Course (SOFC)
10th - 12th September 2014
- IFID Programme
26th - 1st November 2014
- Securities Operations Foundation Course (SOFC)
12th - 14th November 2014
- Operations Certificate Programme (OCP)
16th - 22nd November 2014
News from Thomson Reuters
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 2-LME says up to quarter of its electronic trade comes from Asia
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Cash drop in the euro zone adds to impetus for ECB action
- UPDATE 2-Aetna quarterly profit beats forecasts as new members surge
- UPDATE 1-Zimmer to buy Biomet in $13.35 bln deal
- US STOCKS-Futures gain on tech results, Apple soars in premarket
- UPDATE 1-Nasdaq first-quarter earnings helped by recent deals
- UPDATE 2-Formula One boss denies bribery at German trial
- UPDATE 1-Higher home prices boost D.R. Horton's profit
- Russia-themed mutual funds bruised by sanctions fears
- CME plans to launch physically settled Asia gold futures-sources
- Private equity group Actis to buy S.African credit bureau
- UPDATE 1-Shortage of developed land hits PulteGroup profit
- UPDATE 1-Diamond Offshore profit falls as rig demand softens
- Higher home prices boost D.R. Horton's profit
- Nasdaq reports higher first-quarter earnings
- UPDATE 2-France's PAI Partners to buy Euro Media Group
- PulteGroup profit falls 8 pct as home deliveries fall
- Starwood profit beats estimates as N.America demand increases
- Russian memo to WTO says US sanctions are illegal
- UPDATE 1-Bank of China boosts Q1 profit, capital ratio jumps
- Aetna says first-quarter profit rose 36 percent
- M&A, upbeat results help European stocks resume rally
- UPDATE 1-UK's Labour mulls moving loan from Co-op Bank -sources
- Hong Kong-Shanghai equity link could act as commodity blueprint -HKEx CEO
- UPDATE 1-Weaker inflation could prompt broad ECB asset-buying -Draghi
Green Bond Principles Governance Established - ICMA Appointed Secretariat14 April 2014 A group of financial institutions that recently created the Green Bond Principles today released its governance framework. ICMA will serve as Secretariat.
For more information on Green Bond Principles, see here.
ICMA publishes the 2014 legal opinions for the Global Master Repurchase Agreement4 April 2014 ICMA has today published the 2014 legal opinions which support the Global Master Repurchase Agreement (GMRA), the standard agreement used for international repo transactions. The 2014 opinions support the use of the GMRA in 64 jurisdictions worldwide. Find out more here.
ICMA European Repo Council publishes paper on Collateral Fluidity3 April 2014 The paper "Collateral is the new cash: the systemic risks of inhibiting collateral fluidity" from ICMA’s European Repo Council describes the increasing importance of collateral and how it effectively underpins the functioning of capital markets that provide the basis for economic growth. The paper calls for regulators to consider the impact of financial regulation on the movement of collateral, highlighting the potential systemic risks of inhibiting collateral fluidity and the negative impact this could have on the stability and efficiency of capital markets. Click here to view the paper.
ICMA is pleased to welcome the following new members in March:
Deutsche Pfandbriefbank AG, Unterschleissheim
GMM Global Money Managers Ltd, Strovolos, Nicosia
IHS Global SA, Zurich
JCI Capital Ltd, London
Landesbank Berlin AG, Berlin
Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP, London
PGGM Vermogensbeheer B.V., Zeist
TSB Bank plc, EdinburghClick here to view the full list of ICMA members.
ICMA European Repo Council publishes best practice guide for the repo market5 March 2014 ICMA’s European Repo Council (ERC) has launched its updated guide to best practice in the European repo market, setting out standards for the orderly trading and settlement of repos. Much repo trading in Europe is between banks in different countries, making it essential to have consistent, internationally-recognised standards. Click here to view the guide.
ICMA ERC responds to BCBS Consultative Document on the NSFR11 April 2014 The ICMA European Repo Council has submitted its response to the BCBS's Consultative Document on the Net Stable Funding Ratio. To see the response, click here.
ICMA ECP responds to BCBS Consultative Document on the NSFR11 April 2014 The ICMA ECP Committee has submitted its response to the BCBS's Consultative Document on the Net Stable Funding Ratio.
To see the response, click here.