The Introduction to Digital Assets & Securities is an introductory level programme intended for anyone seeking a foundation in digital assets. The syllabus offers an overview of digital assets (including Bitcoin and Ethereum), distributed ledger technology as well as the key underpinnings of blockchain technology. In addition, the programme offers candidates an understanding of the regulatory space as well as important cash-leg tokens such as CBDCs and stablecoins.
By completing the course you will be able to:
- Describe the key features of the digital asset market and how to relates to debt capital markets
- Understand how distributed ledger technology and blockchain technology works as well as appropriate applications
- Be able to view and understand how blocks are processed on the bitcoin and ethereum blockchain as well understand how smart contracts can be processed
- Appreciate why and how digital assets may impact capital markets
- Understand the current regulatory framework in the US and Europe for digital assets
- Discuss tokenisation of existing financial assets (bonds) v. fractionization of exiting assets (buildings)
- Understand CBDCs and stablecoins and how they impact debt markets
Who should attend?
The qualification is intended for candidates who are either entering the digital assets market or who have limited experience and wish to develop a clear understanding of how the market works.
It serves as an essential introduction to digital assets in its own right.
Candidates should have basic quantitative skills but no prior study or work experience is required.
Certificate and Programme Recognition
This course is certified by ICMA and the ICMA Centre, Henley Business School, University of Reading.
ICMA recommends that 20 learning hours can be associated with this course, based on attended/undertaken hours of study required to successfully complete the learning outcomes.
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to those who meet the minimum attendance requirements for this course.
ICMA is a member of the CPD® Certification Service and approved by the Securities & Futures Commission of Hong Kong as provider of Continuous Professional Training (CPT).
Please note that your course certificate of attendance or completion should be sufficient to satisfy any professional development requirements – if you require further evidence, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The course syllabus is divided into the following key topic areas:
- Digital assets overview
- Distributed ledger technology and blockchain overview
- The fundamentals of the Bitcoin blockchain
- Other cryptocurrency blockchains
- CBDCs and Stablecoins
- Digital assets regulatory framework
- Transition & implementation (options and challenges)
ICMA courses are delivered via video conferencing accessed on our digital learning platform, using the most effective pedagogical approaches and incorporating interactive functions like virtual breakout rooms.
The Introduction to Digital Assets & Securities livestreamed sessions are delivered in four 3.5 hour sessions over the course of two weeks. You will be given access to the course materials before the live sessions, and will have access to those for four weeks from the first live session. During these four sessions you will have the option to keep working through the course materials at your own pace.
Livestreamed course fees
Members: EUR 1,850 + VAT (if applicable)
Non-members: EUR 2,390 + VAT (if applicable)
For security reasons, delegates who have not registered in advance will not be admitted to the live sessions.
- All payments must be made in Euro.
Should you have any queries, please contact email@example.com.