In light of increasing electronification of repo markets, ICMA has conducted a mapping exercise of repo electronic trading platforms and other technology solutions. The directory is intended to help market participants understand what execution venues are available for repo trading (D2D or D2C, for instance), product scope, as well as differences in trading protocols, clearing and collateral configurations. The directory also provides information on the venues’ regulatory status, market identifier codes (MIC) and additional services on offer such as regulatory reporting under SFTR.
The scope was first revised in June 2020 to include other front-office trading tools and now includes details for 6 order and/or execution management systems (O/EMS) providing connectivity to multiple repo trading venues. Given the importance of platform connectivity and interoperability with current financial market infrastructure, the updated technology directories include information on supported electronic communication protocols and standards.
The mapping directory does not constitute an exhaustive list of providers in the market. Relevant providers that are not yet covered by the mapping directory and wish to join are very welcome to do so.
Access the ICMA Repo Trading FinTech Directory
(last update: 6 December 2021)
This unique resource is one of several ICMA technology directories available to members and regulators through the ICMA website. Please contact our membership department if you do not know your firm’s login credentials.
ICMA’s technology directories are also available to non-members on a subscription basis. Please refer to ICMA’s product information page for further information.
- This directory focuses on available platforms and other technology solutions.
- The mapping directory compares the capabilities of the different providers, but it does not provide any information on volume or market share.
- All providers responded in their own words. ICMA did not modify any wording provided by the providers participating in this directory.
- ICMA does not endorse any particular solution or provider. The mapping directory is for reference only and will be updated as and when necessary.
- The providers will be responsible for sending updates to ICMA. The table will be updated as close to real time as possible.
See also: ICMA Operations FinTech Directory
The information and content provided herein have been prepared and provided by third-parties. This information is provided by ICMA to its members for information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal, financial or other professional advice. While the information contained herein is taken from sources believed to be reliable, ICMA does not represent or warrant that it is accurate or complete and neither ICMA nor its employees shall have any liability arising from or relating to the use of this publication or its contents.
Managing Director, Head of FinTech and Digitalisation
Direct line: +44 20 7213 0348
Senior Director, FinTech and Digitalisation; Secretary to the ICMA FinTech Advisory Committee (FinAC)
Direct line: +44 20 7213 0334