This introductory level course provides an overview on how the repo market is structured, the key players and key regulation and is ideal for those wanting a foundation-level overview of this topic.
By completing the course you will be able to:
- Identify the different types of repo
- Recognise how repo is used in the market
- Identify the key participants in repo market
- Identify different methodologies of pricing repo
- Identify different types of collateral that is used
- Recognise different risks to counterparties
Who should attend?
This course is designed people with an interest in understanding the fundamental characteristics of the repo and collateral markets and personnel new to the field who wish to gain a broader view of the subject.
Certification and Programme Recognition
This course has been accredited by the CPD® Certification Service and approved by the Securities & Futures Commission of Hong Kong for Continuous Professional Training (CPT).
ICMA recommends that 24 learning hours can be associated with this course, based on attended/undertaken hours of study required to successfully complete the learning outcomes.
The course is certified by ICMA and the ICMA Centre, Henley Business School, University of Reading. A Certificate of Attainment will be awarded to those who successfully pass the final exam of this course – see Assessment section for more details.
Please note that your course certificate of attendance or completion should be sufficient to satisfy any professional development requirements – if you require further evidence, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members: EUR 1,150 + VAT (if applicable)
Non-members: EUR 1,650 + VAT (if applicable)
Section 1 – The Repo Market (videos 1-5)
- Definition of repo
- The Repo Market (parts 1-3)
- The Repo Market: Agents and Clearing
Section 2 – Trading (videos 6-9)
- Who uses Repo (parts 1-2)
- Repo Variants
- More Repo Variants
Section 3 - Life cycle events (videos 9-10)
- Matching and Settlement
- Corporate Events
Section 4 - Legal Agreements (videos 11-12)
- The GMRA
- The Annexes
Section 5 – Accounting and Regulations (videos 13-15)
- Accounting Treatment of Repo
- Leverage ratio, RWA, NSFR
- SFTR, CSDR
Delegates who sign up to online courses will have access for 6 months to enable them to take advantage of the additional online resources, discussion boards and other functions of our new digital learning platform.
Online courses start at the beginning of each month – please note that payment must be received BEFORE access to these courses are provided.
|Start: 1 June
||Start: 1 July
Online course fees
ICMA Members: EUR 1,150 + VAT (if applicable)
ICMA Non-members: EUR 1,650 + VAT (if applicable)
Costs include full access to the online campus, associated learning materials and the examination fee.
Please note that:
- Payment for online courses must be received before the start of the course.
- All payments must be made in Euro.
- Invoices for single registrations are subject to an additional Euro 50 to cover administration costs*. No administration fee applies for invoices covering two or more registrations.
*Administration costs cover the provision of supporting documents, which are often requested along with the invoice, to become an approved supplier.
As an indicative guide, we would recommend a total of 180 study hours is required to go through the material. Please note this is an approximate guide only.
Should you have any queries, please contact email@example.com.