Organised together with vdp and The Covered Bond Report, this event looked at the latest Commission proposals for the EU Green Bond Standard (GBS). The discussion explored the pros and cons of the label, tackling questions such as:
• What challenges will issuers face in meeting the standard?
• Is it sufficiently flexible to keep up with the innovative nature of the green bond market?
• How will issuers cope with ongoing changes to the Taxonomy and criteria to which the GBS is tied?
• Will investors prioritise GBS labelled green bonds at the expense of non-labelled issuance?
• Should the GBS be a priority within the vast bulk of the Commission’s sustainable finance initiatives?
If you have any questions, please contact ICMA Events.
View a recording of this event on the ICMA media library.
10:00 Welcome remarks
Jens Tolckmitt, Chief Executive, Association of German Pfandbrief Banks (vdp)
Moderators: Neil Day, Managing Editor, The Covered Bond Report
- Ozgur Altun, Associate, Sustainable Finance, ICMA
- Laurie Chesné, Co-head of Green & Sustainable Financing & Advisory, Natixis
- Eila Kreivi, Director, Head of Capital Markets, European Investment Bank
- Axel Fougner, Policy Officer, DG FISMA, European Commission
- Bodo Winkler-Viti, Head of Funding & Investor Relation, Berlin Hyp
11:00 Event Close