Date: Wednesday, 25 August 2021
Islamic Development Bank (IsDB), in partnership with ICMA, will hold a virtual event on Green, Social and Sustainability Sukuk for Shaping the Post-COVID Recovery in IsDB Member Countries (MCs) on Wednesday, 25 August 2021.
With successful debut Green Sukuk and Sustainability Sukuk issuances in 2019 and 2020 respectively, the Islamic Development Bank has been at the forefront of the evolution of the Islamic capital markets, markedly enhancing the profile of Sukuk as a financial instrument that can contribute to a sustainable recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic. This was exemplified by the Sustainability Sukuk, the proceeds of which were exclusively deployed towards IsDB projects under ‘SDG-3: Good Health and Well-Being’ and ‘SDG-8: Decent Work and Economic Growth’.
In this virtual event, panelists will present the landscape and the process of issuing Labelled Sukuk in order to mobilize financing for the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in the context of IsDB Member Countries (especially Uzbekistan, the host country for this year’s Annual Meetings), discuss market trends and share the experience of global best practices and industry standards with respect to Green, Social and Sustainability bonds/Sukuk.
KEY ISSUES TO BE ADDRESSED
- What is Sukuk and how is it different from conventional bonds?
- How can any Member Country or financial institution issue a Sukuk, whether Green, Social, Sustainability or the traditional Sukuk?
- What was the experience of IsDB in issuing Green and Sustainability Sukuk and how did it prepare for them?
- What has been the experience of IsDB Member Countries in this market?
- How can Uzbekistan and other MCs benefit from IsDB’s experience and issue their own Green Sukuk and expand into Sustainability as well?
- What are the Investors’ perspectives towards this evolving market segment?
Please contact IsDB with any further questions.