in collaboration with IFC GB-TAP
Date: 20 September 2021
ICMA, in collaboration with the IFC Green Bond Technical Assistance Program (GB-TAP), hosted the first in a series of webinars focused on the Latin American sustainable bond markets.
This webinar discussed the developments and progress of the green, social and sustainable (GSS) bond markets in the overall Latin American region alongside the opportunities and challenges for both regional issuers and local and international investors. The event featured speakers from the most prominent issuers in the region together with other market experts including international investors and external reviewers.
If you have any questions, please contact ICMA Events.
Nicholas Pfaff, Managing Director, Head of Sustainable Finance, ICMA
Vivek Pathak, IFC Director, Global Head Climate Business
||Panel 1 – Overview of the green, social and sustainable bond markets - developments and progress
Moderator: Peter Cashion, Global Head Climate Finance, IFC
• Angel Tejada, Global Head of Green and Sustainable Bonds, BBVA
• Muriel Caton, Senior Advisor, Vigeo Eiris
• Pablo Goldberg, Managing Director, Head of Research and Portfolio Manager, BlackRock
• Patricio Sepúlveda, Head of the Public Debt Office, Ministry of Finance, Chile
• Carole Sanz-Paris, Head of Debt Capital Markets & Structured Finance, IDB Invest
||Panel 2 – Opportunities for Latam issuers and investors in green social and sustainability bond markets
Moderated by Simone Utermarck, Director, Sustainable Finance, ICMA
• Carlos Arcila Barrera, Adjunct Professor, School of Management/Center for Sustainable Finance, Universidad de los Andes
• Tom Eveson, Director for the Americas, Sustainable Finance Solutions, Sustainalytics
• Gustavo Rocha Garcia, Treasurer, Klabin
• Sergei Strigo, Co-Head of Emerging Markets Fixed Income, Amundi Asset Management
• Anne van Riel, Sustainable Finance Capital Markets, BNP Paribas