The Common Domain Model (CDM) is a standardised, machine-readable and machine-executable blueprint for how financial products are traded and managed across the transaction lifecycle. ICMA’s work on the CDM provides an unambiguous, digital representation of repo and bond transactions in the form of code. It builds on legal definitions from the Global Master Repurchase Agreement (GMRA) and the ERCC Guide to Best Practice in the European Repo Market.
This virtual event provided an introduction to the CDM project for repo and bonds and a demonstration of the CDM in action, providing a roundup of ICMA’s recent work, in collaboration with ISDA, ISLA, and REGnosys, to extend the Common Domain Model (CDM) to include repo and, by extension, outright bond transactions. A discussion on progress made to date, expected benefits, and the path to implementation followed from a panel of industry participants involved in the ICMA CDM Steering Committee.
Further information on the CDM for repo and bonds can be found here.
Martin Scheck, Chief Executive, ICMA
||Intro to ICMA CDM project
Gabriel Callsen, Director, Market Practice and Regulatory Policy, ICMA
• Saeid Attarian, Data Modeller, REGnosys
• Nigel Cobb, Senior Data Modeller, REGnosys
• Thomas Healey, Founder-Director, FINXIS LLC
Moderator: Gabriel Callsen, Director, Market Practice and Regulatory Policy, ICMA
• Andrea Prampolini, Head of Financial Markets Analytics and Digital Solutions, IMI Corporate & Investment Banking Division, Intesa Sanpaolo
• Gerard Denham, Senior Vice President, Fixed Income Funding & Financing, Eurex
• Andy Diplock, Director - Prime Services FI Financing, Barclays plc
• Nicholas Hamilton, Executive Director - Global Fixed Income Middle Office, Architecture, Network & Advocacy, JPMorgan
• Paul Jones, Repo Product Manager, Tradeweb
• Ruddy Vincent, Director - Data and Digital Solutions, ISDA
Andy Hill, Senior Director, Market Practice and Regulatory Policy, ICMA