Market infrastructure firms are an important segment of ICMA’s membership, which includes recognised trading venues (stock exchanges and multilateral trading facilities); central counterparties, clearing and/or settlement systems; data, messaging as well as technology and solution providers.
ICMA is closely involved in various initiatives related to the evolving financial market infrastructure in trading and the post-trade space in Europe and globally, across its core activities of primary, secondary, repo and sustainable bond markets. Further, market infrastructure members participate in and support a number of ICMA councils and committees, ensuring their views are well represented in the association’s regulatory and market practice work.
Market Infrastructure Advisory Group
ICMA runs a dedicated Market Infrastructure Advisory Group, currently composed of senior representatives from European market infrastructure member firms, which meets quarterly to provide guidance and recommendations to the ICMA Board on concerns and issues facing this segment of the market. ICMA intends to broaden the Group’s representation in the future from its initial largely European focused membership.
- Borsa Italiana
- Eurex Repo
- Luxembourg Stock Exchange
- MTS S.p.A.
- SIX Swiss Exchange
- Wiener Börse AG
- Electronic trading: Relevant ICMA papers and reports and ICMA mapping study on electronic trading platforms
- CSD Regulation: Settlement discipline
- ICMA SMPC aged-fails auction initiative
- European Post-Trade Forum (EPTF)
- ECB Advisory Group on Market Infrastructures for Securities and Collateral (AMI-SeCo)
- CPMI-IOSCO principles for financial market infrastructures
Associate, Fintech and Digitalisation
Direct line: +44 20 7213 0317