Digital currencies in the Nordics - Implications for the capital markets and beyond
This year's ICMA and NCMF joint virtual conference was focused on the latest developments in relation to digital currencies, decentralized finance and capital markets in the Nordic region. The event featured a keynote speech on central bank digital currencies (CBDC) from Norges Bank as well as a panel of market experts, who discussed the following topics:
- What are the potential implications of a retail CBDC for wholesale capital markets?
- Are crypto-assets becoming a credible asset class for professional investors?
- How will tokenised securities and stablecoins impact the functioning of capital markets and what does it mean for issuers, banks, investors and market infrastructure providers?
- What are the latest regulatory developments in relation to digital securities and crypto-assets at EU level?
- How is central bank monetary policy affected by the growth of digital currencies and cryptocurrencies?