EU Green Bond Standard: a big leap forward, or too high a bar?
Organised together with vdp and The Covered Bond Report, this event looked at the latest Commission proposals for the EU Green Bond Standard (GBS). The discussion explored the pros and cons of the label, tackling questions such as:
• What challenges will issuers face in meeting the standard?
• Is it sufficiently flexible to keep up with the innovative nature of the green bond market?
• How will issuers cope with ongoing changes to the Taxonomy and criteria to which the GBS is tied?
• Will investors prioritise GBS labelled green bonds at the expense of non-labelled issuance?
• Should the GBS be a priority within the vast bulk of the Commission’s sustainable finance initiatives