Scaling up the sustainable bond market in Mexico - ICMA & IFC GB-TAP virtual event
In partnership with IFC GB-TAP, ICMA was pleased to present this webinar focusing on the sustainable bond market in Mexico. With issuance to date totalling $17 billion, including two sovereign issues linked to the UN Sustainability Goals, Mexico is one of the most important sustainable bond markets in LATAM.
The event opened with a keynote speech from Banobras (Banco Nacional de Obras y Servicios Públicos). This was followed by a panel discussion among issuers, investors and underwriters in the Mexican market around the development of the green, social and sustainable (GSS) bond market related to the opportunities and challenges for the region.
- Jorge Girault, Finance SVP, Prologis México
- Juan Manuel Govea, CFO, Banobras (Banco Nacional de Obras y Servicios Públicos)
- Martha Marron, Head of Debt Capital Markets, BBVA
- Mario Torres Falcon, Investment Manager, Finance in Motion
- Alonso Pedrero, Head of New Financing Projects and Sustainability, Vinte
- Simone Utermarck, Director, Sustainable Finance, ICMA