We are making every effort to make the AGM & Conference a green event, with measures in place to minimise and offset its carbon footprint, reduce waste and avoid the use of environmentally damaging plastic.
We encourage delegates to consider travelling by train to Vienna and delegates who are flying to Vienna to offset their carbon footprint, for which we recommend the following firms:
Travel for ICMA staff and board will be carbon offset.
On arrival in Vienna delegates are recommended to use the CAT (City Airport Train) from the Airport to the hotel, the Vienna City Card includes this airport transfer and can be used for all public transport in Vienna.
At the conference hotel
Using the Hilton’ corporate responsibility management system, the venue provides a detailed consumption data report showing the estimated carbon, energy, water and waste that will be produced by the ICMA AGM & Conference. Based on the conference impact, the Hilton hotel will offset the CO2 emissions associated with the event by procuring carbon offset credit from the South Pole Group.
In addition, these measures are in place at the venue:
- 100% of electricity consumption is generated by hydropower
- There is a space energy management system and solar window film to reduce energy waste
- Only LED and energy-efficient light bulbs are used
- Outdoor lighting is sensor controlled
- All organic waste is recycled for biogas production
- There is an active recycling programme incl. waste separation option (also in guest and meeting rooms)
- 100% recyclable napkins and no plastic straws
- Drinks are in glassware (no PET / plastic)
- Free water dispensers in the exhibition area encourage consumption of fresh local water
ICMA will not be producing give-aways, printing programmes or providing delegate bags. The conference information will be available through the conference app and on digital signage.
Sponsorship opportunities include tree-give aways and other carbon offset initiatives.
At the evening events
The welcome reception will be held at the Heuriger Wolff, a typical Austrian traditional location with regional food, using local entertainment acts and with decoration focused on living plants rather than cut flowers.
The HOFBURG Vienna, where the gala reception evening will take place, is a green certified venue and we are working with a green certified catering partner (Motto Catering).
AGM and Conference Overview
Sponsors and Exhibitors
Enquiries and Contacts
ISLA 29th Annual Securities Finance & Collateral Management Conference
Back to main ICMA AGM and Conference 2022 page