To access the Principles, Guidelines and Handbooks click here.
The GSS Bond Index Service Mapping Supporting Paper and the Index Service Mapping Template (see below) aim to harmonise index data requirements and disclosure policies, clarify roles and responsibilities of stakeholders, and facilitate communication among stakeholders to enhance the provision of transparent and reliable data. This includes clarifying assumptions and the calculation methodology used by the index and/or data providers they use.
Template for Index providers
The Index Providers Mapping Template is an excel form where index providers are invited to voluntarily provide information about the different services they provide.
The Executive Committee of the Principles encourages index providers to complete the Template on a voluntary basis to promote transparency and disclosure and support market efficiency.
The Template will be subject to periodic review to reflect changes in index development and market best practice.
Index providers should, at a minimum, clearly indicate the following:
- description of the index and the administrator
- adherence of relevant market regulations
- eligibility criteria and methodology of selection of GSS bonds
- source of the index bond data and method/selection process for collecting data
- index maintenance and administration
- governance arrangements including those that govern the relationship between index provider and data provider
Questions related to the template may be addressed to the Secretariat to the Principles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Mapping currently provides Templates from the following providers:
- Bloomberg MSCI Global Green Bond Index
- iBoxx® Global Green, Social & Sustainability Bonds Index
- S&P Green Bond Index
- Solactive LGX Green Bond Impact Index